“Miracles Plus Plus” appear on everyone’s plate at least once a week. Made up from Flax Seed (Linseed), Sunflower Seed, Sesame Seed and Pumpkin Seed, they are rather tasteless but add a slight texture and a large dollop of nutrition to salads and breakfasts.
Toasting them until crunchy and spicing them up, takes these from dull to totally addictive.
Spices include paprika, Harrisa, Cumin or any variety of mixed blends-like Wooloworth’s or NoMu mixed spice jars. Omit the salt and savoury spice and add cinnamon, vanilla sugar and nutmeg for a sweet scattering on oats or youghurt. This particular recipe was developed to be sprinkled on my Tabbouleh. It’s also good on hummus, goats cheese and salads.
- 1 cup mixed seeds (Miracles Plus Plus)
- 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout or Harissa spice
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½-1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- ½ teaspoon castor sugar
- Toast seeds in a pan until pumpkin seeds are popping and the seeds change colour.
- Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients to the pan, mix and cool.
- As the seeds cool so the oil will dry. Replace salt and spice with sugar and cinnamon for a breakfast seed (perfect on oats and yoghurt).