So the new Lovoka chocolate and caramel vodka is da bomb, or should I say the “new” Jager bomb. It’s like having an alcoholic shot of crème brûlée or chocolate cake. So why not use it in a cake I thought?
I used the Mississippi Mud Cake recipe from CAKES and exchanged the bourbon for chocolate vodka.
The cake was so good, I then exchanged the vodka for Frangelico and hoped to feature it on my upcoming Italian course, but it was not half as good. The vodka is like an essence and just enhances the chocolate flavour.
Dense and delicious chocolate vodka cake
- 250g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate vodka
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup NoMu cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
Chocolate vodka ganache
- 200g good quality chocolate (I use the 70% buttons)
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 Tablespoon chocolate vodka
- Melt the chocolate, butter, sugar, milk and chocolate vodka and pour into a mixing bowl
- Leave to cool down slightly but try not to drink it all
- Sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder
- Stir in the beaten eggs and combine till smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours at 180 degrees or until the centre is firm
Chocolate Vodka Ganache
- Melt the chocolate and cream and then add the vodka. Cool until the mixture is ice-able (this takes a few hours)
COOK’S Notes: opt for 2 loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes.