Such a delicious alternative to the standard yoghurt and berry offering for brunch or breakfast but spectacular enough to hold it’s own as a dessert.
Breakfast Panna Cotta
- 1x500g double thick, full fat Greek Yoghurt from (Woolworth’s or Spar brand)
- 2 cups or 500ml cream
- 1/3 cup or 80ml white or castor sugar or honey (can be reduced to 60ml or substituted with Xylitol or Stevia to taste)
- 4 pumps of Nomu or Woolworth’s vanilla paste or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 teaspoons Sheriden’s gelatine or 1 sachet (3 tsp) Woolworth’s gelatine
- A little boiling water
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla in a pot and heat
- Mix gelatine with a little boiling water and stir until dissolved (there should be no grains left)
- When the cream is warm and sugar dissolved, remove from heat and add the gelatine while whisking
- Allow to cool to room temperature or just slightly warm and whisk in the yoghurt
Refrigerate in one of the following:
In a glass trifle or salad bowl, in individual glasses or in glass jars with lids.
In 8 individual moulds (RL 125ml with lids from Wespack) or plastic tubs. Adding honey first helps to unmould it.
In a Woolworth’s silicone bread pan with re-enforced metal (needs 1 ½ x recipe).
In a Woolworth’s silicone ring mould (needs 2x recipe)
Serve one of the following ways:
Top with fresh berries, figs and honey, berry coulis, walnuts or pistachio nuts and honey or poached winter fruit
Serve with granola rounds or sprinkle with granola.