To serve Fresh sage, parmesan dust and parmesan wafers.
1. Fry the onions, for about 5-6 minutes and while cooking pour the boiling water over the dried porcini.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook (about 8-10 minutes).
3. Slice or scissor snip the porcini into teeny pieces and then add (along with the porcini water) to the mushrooms.
4. Add the brandy, NoMu fond and cream. Bring to the boil and take off the heat.
STEP 5: Combine with pasta, adding some pasta water if necessary.
1. Evenly sprinkle ½ cup parmesan cheese and the Panko crumbs (separately) onto 1 or 2 non-stick mats on a baking tray.
2. Roast at 180 ˚C for about 7 minutes or until both are golden brown.
3. Cool, crush/crumble the cheese and combine both to form a crispy crumb, add the fresh parmesan.
½ packet of Woolworths Rosmarino (rice) pasta cooked for about 12 minutes in boiling salted water retaining some of the pasta water
Oil/butter to fry-about 3 tablespoons
1 onion very finely chopped
1 punnet of Portabelini/brown/ mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 packet of dried Porcini mushrooms (25g)
3 tablespoons brandy
1x 250ml or 1 cup fresh cream or Woolworths long life cream
1 tablespoon Nomu vegetable, chicken or beef fond (beef pairs very well)
1 ½ cups boiling water
½ to 1 cup pasta water if necessary
Salt to taste if required