The heavenly ‘Make my Magnum’ experience is back in SA and the new pop up or “pleasure” store is located at the Nelson Mandela Square for a limited time only!
I was lucky enough to test the new limited edition range of toppings, made by the distinguished and lovely Danielle (trained under Yotam Ottolenghi), one of Joburg’s top pastry chefs and owner of the fabulous Moemas Patisserie.
Sampling Danielle’s unique creations is on par with taking a tour in Charlie’s Chocolate factory. Every dipping and sprinkle bowl is filled with jewels of new and exotic flavours – textured, nutty, honeyed, salted, nectarous, salty and even peppered!
The luxurious and indulgent toppings, along with the with pure Magnum chocolate dip flavours are as follows:
- Classic – a blend of fresh crumbed chocolate cupcake and white chocolate pieces
- Mint – delicious crumbed mint shortcake and mint crunch
- Death By Chocolate – indulgent crumbed chocolate brownie and frosted rose petals
- Almond – a glamorous toasted crushed Almond Praline
- White Almond – a delightfully light mix of almond orange lace cookie and crushed ginger biscotti
I could try and describe these flavour combinations in detail, or you could simply pop along to the store and bring your own ice-cream fantasy to life and share your creation with your friends and family by taking a selfie at the Magnum Portrait Wall.
Find a specially marked 7-digit code on selected Magnum sticks and stand a chance to win M Collection accessories designed by Gert-Johan Coetzee and a shopping spree worth R100 000 in Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square, when you buy your Magnum. T&C’s apply.
Follow the signs from the entrance behind the Nelson Mandela Statue. You only have EIGHT weeks.